A quiz with answers to all the current affairs questions asked in competitive exams related to the important events that happened in the 2nd week of January is given. You can get better marks in your exams with these question answers.
2nd January current affairs 2024 English
1. Which bank has collaborated with NPCI to launch UPI-enabled Samman RuPay Credit Card for government sector employees?
C. ICICI Bank
Answer D. IndusInd Bank
2. Where has the world record for installation of the longest solar light line been made recently?
a. Kashi Vishwanath
Answer c. Ayodhya
3. Which of these banks has launched the ‘Savings Account Portability Online’ scheme?
A.Karur Vysya Bank
B.South Indian Bank
C.City Union Bank
D.Indian Overseas Bank
Answer D. Indian Overseas Bank
4. Where will Hyundai and IIT Madras set up ‘Hydrogen Innovation Valley’?
b. Tamil Nadu
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. in the western ghats
Answer b. Tamil Nadu
5. Who recently became the youngest Prime Minister of France?
A. Francois Fillon
B. Gabriel Attal
D. Bernard Cazeneuve
Answer B. Gabriel Attal
6. In which state will ‘Simtech’ set up a semiconductor plant? This company is from South Korea.
b. Uttar Pradesh
d. any of these
7. Which of these assault rifles has been launched by DRDO for the Indian Army?
Answer A. Ugraam
8. Which country has recently enabled major UPI apps for real-time remittances?
c. Pakistan Bangladesh
d. India America
Answer b. Singapore
9. In which year did late classical singer Ustad Rashid Khan receive the Padma Bhushan award?
Answer C. 2022
10. In which country has emergency been declared recently?
b. Papua New Guinea
d. in Japan (due to earthquake)
Answer b. Papua New Guinea
11. When was World Hindi Day 2024 celebrated in the world?
Answer C. 10 January
12. Where have the Coast Guards of India and Japan conducted joint exercises recently?
Answer c. Chennai
13. According to the report prepared by CBRE India Research in January 2024, which state has the highest share of 17% in the MSME sector?
14. RBI increased the minimum capital requirement for small finance banks from ₹ 100 crore to how much?
Answer A. 200 crores
15. Who has recently been appointed as the Managing Director of ‘Bangalore Metro’?
a. Malhotra Rao
b. Maheshwar Rao
c. Dinkar Pathak
d. To Maheshwari Kumari
Answer b. Maheshwar Rao
16. Who among the following has been nominated as the Chairman of the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee?
A. Venugopal Gowda
B.Sanjay Deependra Singh
C. Sanjeev Khana
Answer C. Sanjeev Khana
17. Recently, __________ Deepa Bhandare has become the winner of the Best Environment Officer Award in Sugar Industry?
a. first lady
b. Indian woman
C. second woman
D. None of these
Answer a. first lady
18. When was Earth Rotation Day celebrated across the world?
A.5 January 2024
B.8 January 2024
C.9 January 2024
D.14 January 2024
Answer B. 8 January 2024
19. In which city was the International Kite Festival 2024 inaugurated in January 2024?
Answer B. Ahmedabad
20. Who has been appointed as the member of ‘UPSC’ in 2024?
a. Vijay Kumar
b. Sheel Vardhan Singh
c. Aman Sehrawat
d. none of these
Answer b. Sheel Vardhan Singh
21. In which state has Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated India’s first healthy and clean food street ‘Prasadam’?
A. Madhya Pradesh
Answer A. Madhya Pradesh
22. Where has DRDO successfully tested the new generation Akash missile recently?
a. Satish Dhawan
c. Andhra Pradesh
d. tamil nadu
23. Who has recently announced his retirement from One Day International and Test cricket?
D. Matt Renshaw
Answer A.David Warner
24. Which of these countries has won the United Cup 2024 title by defeating Poland tennis team?
Answer D. Germany
25. Which country has recently launched a new satellite Einstein Probe?
Answer c. China
26. Which state transport corporation has recently launched India’s first 100% electric mobility electric bike (e-bike) taxi service, Byu?
C. p. Bengal
27. Which organization has signed MoU with Indian Railways to reduce energy, water consumption and greenhouse gas emissions?
A.Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
B.Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
C.National Association of Software and Service Companies
D. Confederation of Indian Industry
Answer D. Confederation of Indian Industry
28. Who has been appointed as the MD and CEO of National Asset Reconstruction of India Limited?
A. P Santosh
D. Rakesh K Singh
Answer A. P Santosh
29. Who among the following has been appointed as the Executive Director of SEBI?
A.Kamlesh Chandra Varney
B. Anant Narayan ji
C.Govindayapalli Ram Mohan Rao
Answer C. Govindayapalli Ram Mohan Rao
30. Recently, the President of which country was the chief guest at the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit?
c. Saudi Arab
Answer b. UAE
31. Which is the first Indian electric two-wheeler company to be eligible for the production-linked incentive scheme?
B. Ola Electric Mobility
Answer B. Ola Electric Mobility